Swedish Medical Center
Seattle, WA 98122 (View Map)
March 5, 2018 – Rowing Biomechanics and Musculoskeletal Injury
Erik Brand MD, MSc
National Champion Rower for UW and Oxford
Sports Medicine Doctor, 2012 and 2016 Olympics
June 4, 2018 – Current Concepts in Concussion Management and Rehabilitation
Stan Herring MD
David Coppel Ph.D
Becky Kerman PT, NCS
Jennifer Carrol PA-C, ATC, MA, MMS
September 10, 2018 – Cardiac Red Flags in Youth Sports
Jonathan Drezner MD
December 3, 2018 – Long-term Costs of Quick Fixes: What We Can Learn From Athletes Looking Back On Their Injury Care Experiences
6:00 PM – Case Studies and task force updates
6:30 PM – Main presentation
About Our Meetings
- Attendees are encouraged to share interesting cases.
- They can also be cases where you feel you learned something important and feel the group might benefit from what you learned.
- The cases need to be identified at least 1 week before the meeting in order for the moderator to:
- Schedule appropriate time for discussion
- Ensure there aren’t too many or too few cases for the available time
- Ensure that necessary AV equipment is available for your presentation
- Identify specific discussants when appropriate
- Send an e-mail to Steven Anderson, MD, with your cases and/or further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 6, 2017 – Stress Fractures in Youth
This session will provide a comprehensive model for evaluation and management of bone stress injuries in youth. Key areas to address: risk factors for biologic and biomechanics contributors, an approach to evaluating bone quality, management of biological contributors and addressing biomechanical risk factors.
June 5, 2017 – Regenerative Medicine: Potential, Perils and Paths Forward
The promise of biologics for sports medicine and orthopedic healing is advancing. Numerous products are entering the market, however, there is little guidance as to the indications and cost effectiveness of these treatments. This session will focus on understanding the science and principles of these biological processes to be able to offer the best treatment options for patients.
September 11, 2017 – Practice Patterns in Pediatric/Adolescent Sports Medicine
This session will include a survey and discussion of the groups practice patterns and perspectives on common pediatric/adolescent sports medicine injuries. The goal is to provide an evidence-based, best practices summary to assist practioners with the evaluation and management of common injuries.
December 4, 2017 – Challenging Cases